Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Skyrider Hand For Hire

The Latest Greatest, 9/27/11

Well my word. Fresh off their brilliant production work on Sole's "Hello Cruel World" album, the Skyrider Band will be releasing a new project with folk singer Jim Wurster under the moniker Hired Hand. The leaked single "Rising River" sounds like what Blue Sky Black Death might do if they went for reinterpretations of Western folk instead of dream pop, which is not knock the originality of the sound here. This stuff sounds refreshing, and I can already tell that it's destined to get some serious late-night driving rotation from my end. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Nick Cave fans I work with fell in love with this shit. Hired Hand's self-titled debut drops October 25th via the ever-reliable Fake Four Inc. You can sign me up for a copy outside the stable, next to the hangman noose blowing in the wind. Tracklisting and stream-able single below:

1. Queen of My Heart
2. Cold Wind
3. Rising River
4. Love Thirsty
5. Armageddon
6. For Changes Forever
7. Dark Skies
8. Suicide Soliloquy
9. There's a Reward

Hired Hand "Rising River" by Fake Four, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment