Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Moodie Black "Moodie Black" EP

Expanding the Backpack, 3/5/13

New free EP from one of the latest signees to the almighty Fake Four Inc, Moodie Black.  Consisting of vocalist/producer K., guitarist Sean Lindahl, and drummer David Norbert, this Arizona based hip hop noise outfit is new to me but has a pretty impressive sound.  They used to go under the name GAHEDiNDIE which vaguely rings a bell to me, but this is definitely my first time hearing their material and I'm enjoying the extra noisy and distorted approach they're bringing to the table on this EP.  Their jagged sound immediately stands out and the production kind of reminds me of Ecid's beats on the recent Sector 7G album, with plenty of discordance highlighting some well thought-out flows and melodies.  Strong material that's got me looking forward to more.  You can download the EP over at the Fake Four Bandcamp Page or stream it below:

1. COMPLEXION
2. NO BLOOD (feat. Ceschi)
3. TOTEM
4. HIPSTER DEATH
5. CROW


No comments:

Post a Comment