Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Sun Always Shines Brightest in...

The Latest Greatest, 6/2/12


Mark the date of July 24th on your calenders fellow hip hop fiends, for that shall be the day that Dark Time Sunshine's "ANX" drops like a beam of radiant light to renew our hopes for futuristic hip hop in 2012.  Cape Cowen and Zavala's previous collaborations have honestly been some of the strongest underground hip hop albums of our era, so my expectations are naturally super high for this one.  Something deep within my spirit tells me that they're going to deliver yet again... I guess we'll see soon enough.  The always reliable Fake Four Inc. is handling the release of the CD, while the excellent Fieldwerk Records will giving this one the much-needed LP treatment.  Tracklisting and promo video below:

1. Hosanna in the Highest
2. Can't Wait
3. Cultclass
4. Valiant
5. Rock Off
6. Overlordian
7. Prarie Dog Day
8. I'll Be Damned
9. Look At What the Cat Did
10. Never Cry Wolf
11. Take My Hand
12. Forget Me Not
13. Look Forward
14. Anx

No comments:

Post a Comment